JOE'S PASTY SHOP
1641 Grand Avenue
Butte, Montana 59701
Hours: 6:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Monday - Friday
6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Saturday
The Pasty Story
If you have not previously encountered the " Pasty," pronounced
"Passtee," we would like to introduce you briefly.
When the Welshmen and Cornishmen who pioneered hard rock mining in Butte came over
from the Old Country, they brought over these sublimated meat pies which they enjoy even
as the Irish reputedly love corn-beef-and-cabbage. To the "Cousin Jacks" and
"Cousin Jennies" as the Welsh and Cornish people are still called in Butte, the
Pasty was a tradition as well as food and a miner finding one in his lunch box would
fondly refer to it as "a letter from 'ome."
Butte is a city of many strong national groups, and the epicure can find a variety
of foods here. But all of Butte's many races have adopted the Pasty for its convenience,
its nourishment and its rich and delicious taste In the Old Country Pasties were washed
down with ale. But whether with beer, milk, teas and coffee, you will find them a
Our Pasties are made from the original Joe's recipe
and this recipe has been used since 1947. We use only choice flank steak, No. 1 potatoes
and the best onions, seasoned to perfection.
Truly a "letter from 'ome."
Served with gravy.!!!!!!
- The original pasty, smothered with chili, topped with cheese and sprinkled with
chopped onions. And ole treat!
- Joe's has a wide variety of soup recipes, all of them made from "scratch, "
and all of them hearty. Please ask what the soup is today!
- Hot Dog
- This is an old-fashioned beef favorite
- Chili Dog
- Delicious chili con carne smothers a beef hot dog, topped with onion and cheese
- Quarter lb. Hamburger
- A 100% pure ground beef patty lettuce, tomato, onion and pickle
- Quarter Lb. Cheeseburger
- A melted American Cheese above
- Double Hamburger
- Double Cheeseburger
- Mayonnaise, Tomato, Lettuce
- Chicken Malibu
- Ham, Swiss Cheese, Lettuce & Tomato
- Quality ham, mayonnaise, lettuce, pickles & potato chips, Plain, toasted or
- Ham & Cheese
- Add American cheese to the above
- A tasty mixture of tuna, mayonnaise, dill pickles, plain, toasted or grilled
- Try a Tuna Melt
- Grilled tuna on whole wheat with American cheese
- Grilled cheese
- A generous portion of American cheese, grilled to perfection
- Peanut Butter & Jelly
- This all time favorite made with fresh turkey, bacon, lettuce & tomato
- Crisp bacon, fresh lettuce & a ripe tomato
- Meat Loaf
- Joe's Special recipe with cheese
- Served Hot Style with Beef Gravy
- Patti Melt
- Hamburger patty, Swiss cheese, grilled onion on whole wheat
- Cube steak patty on French bread, lettuce, tomato and onion
On the Light Side
- Chef Salad
- Bed of lettuce, topped with ham, turkey, tomato & egg
- Choose from 1000 Island, Blue cheese, Ranch or a Vinegar & Oil dressing .
- Chicken Cashew Salad
- Chicken Filet, lettuce, tomato, cashews, Honey Mustard dressing
- Dinner Salad
- Cole Slaw
- Hot Chocolate
- Hot Cider
- Beer (name your favorites)
- Pop (many selections available)
- Iced Tea
- Tomato Juice, Orange Juice
- Now Serving Your Favorite Mixed Drink
Orders To Go
- Please feel free to ask for anything on our menu to take out.
- For large pasty orders we would appreciate if you would call ahead. Phone: 723-9071
- A delightful party pleaser!
You are the
Visitor since March 20, 1997
We welcome your suggestions